Thursday, May 14, 2009

Turning 55, What I've Learned So Far

Wow, I guess that was a big bite to take. I think it would fill way more than one blog to talk about what I've learned on this journey called life. But here is my capsule version:

1. Don't take yourself too seriously. Seriously, life is short. We aren't perfect beings, we are learning as we go. Do the best you can and forgive what wasn't what you might have liked.

2. Do what it takes to be happy and the rest will fall into place. The older I get, the more I discover that doing what makes me happy, and avoiding that which doesn't, makes everything work so much better.

3. Pay attention to what is inside your hoola hoop, and leave every thing outside it to others.

4. Love yourself - I mean truly, madly, deeply. Love the bulges, the bumps, the imperfections, the bad hair days, the mistakes, the moods. It is all part of who we are.

5. The past is the past. Heal what you need to, forgive who you need to, apologize to who you need to, and move on. The power is in the present. Ram Das was right - Be Here Now.

Those are my key points. New post - who's body is this??

No comments: